Cylinder head overhaul
The cylinder heads are checked under water of 90°C with up to 3 bar of pressure for tightness. They were cleaned and glass blasted to have all surfaces clean before starting the overhaul process.
Each cylinder head – from single ones to 6 cylinder ones – were faced on the mill with tolerances of a hundredth of Millimetre. The valve guides as well as the valve seats were renewed after machining. After the assembling with new valves and springs the tightness of the valves is tested with a vacuum test.
After disassembly and determination of the damage, we offer the following services:
Range of services for cylinder head machining
- Cylinder head crack test in modern cylinder head dip tank
- Face milling of the sealing surface of the cylinder head
- Machining/renewal of valve seats
- Valve grinding
- Conversion to gas operation
- Repair of MAN four-valve cylinder heads incl. renewal of the copper sleeve
- Extensive replacement program including modern common rail cylinder heads